AggiesForum.com  
August 14, 2018, 04:25:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: AggiesForum.com is THE best place to discuss Aggie Sports. Invite your fellow Aggies to join!!

Home   Help Login Register  
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like it's gonna hit the fan at tOSU  (Read 67 times)
DallasHorn
Aggie Superstar

on: August 03, 2018, 01:23:47 PM

Oh, and we have bandwidth again!
If he knew, then this is just a variation on the Penn St. theme.

DallasHorn

You never lose a game if the opponent doesn't score-
Darrell Royal
3rd Gen Ag

Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:34:12 AM

yeah, this could be really bad for them.  I think something like this should carry a greater weight now, too, since JoePa and PSU were made an example of.

Class of 1996 - I miss the days of R.C., when Bonfire burned on campus, LSU was a gimme at the beginning of the season, Tech was a nobody, UH was on our schedule, and t.u. students drank all game because they knew they were gonna lose.  I don't miss our basketball teams being under .500, though.....
aggieraptor99
Aggie Superstar

Co. H-1 Raiders 1995-1999

Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 11:19:38 AM

ohio st has given a timeline of 2 weeks to do an investigation.  A decision will come shortly after that investigation is completed.  I don't see Urban Meyer surviving this. 

On a related note, I understand that some t.u. fans are worried that Tom Hermann will be sought by ohio st?  Depending on how this season treats t.u., there could be many fans that would support Hermann moving on?  Ohio St may go after someone like Frost (Nebraska).  I think the Ags made a great choice with Fisher. 

24 days to go....!

"I don't care how much talent a team has-if the boys don't think tough, practice tough, and live tough, how can they play tough on Saturday?"

"Boys, it's time to win some damn football games."

Paul "Bear" Bryant
3rd Gen Ag

Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 09:15:13 AM

My mind honestly hadn't advanced that far in the implications, but you're right.  Not only would this mean they might lose recruits, but it would kick off the coaching Musical Chairs game way early this year and yeah Herman might end up changing seats, then who knows where it will go from there.  Wow, great point!

Class of 1996 - I miss the days of R.C., when Bonfire burned on campus, LSU was a gimme at the beginning of the season, Tech was a nobody, UH was on our schedule, and t.u. students drank all game because they knew they were gonna lose.  I don't miss our basketball teams being under .500, though.....
DallasHorn
Aggie Superstar

Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 08:45:36 PM

I haven't heard that from anyone I'm in contact with. I could see an interesting scenerio playing out where they might come after him. They would end up with an interim for this season and were we to have a breakout year, they could become interested. I doubt we would stand by and let it go without a fight, I believe we could match them on money. It then becomes a question of where he wants to be. Having grown up in Austin and visited Columbus I have an opinion, but like trying to figure out a recruit, what motivates different men is hard to figure. Either way he would decide, I could see him getting a new contract.

DallasHorn

You never lose a game if the opponent doesn't score-
Darrell Royal
  Print  

Jump to: