AggiesForum.com  
October 18, 2018, 09:44:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: AggiesForum.com is THE best place to discuss Aggie Sports. Invite your fellow Aggies to join!!

Home   Help Login Register  
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like it's gonna hit the fan at tOSU  (Read 152 times)
DallasHorn
Aggie Superstar

on: August 03, 2018, 01:23:47 PM

Oh, and we have bandwidth again!
If he knew, then this is just a variation on the Penn St. theme.

DallasHorn

You never lose a game if the opponent doesn't score-
Darrell Royal
3rd Gen Ag

Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:34:12 AM

yeah, this could be really bad for them.  I think something like this should carry a greater weight now, too, since JoePa and PSU were made an example of.

Class of 1996 - I miss the days of R.C., when Bonfire burned on campus, LSU was a gimme at the beginning of the season, Tech was a nobody, UH was on our schedule, and t.u. students drank all game because they knew they were gonna lose.  I don't miss our basketball teams being under .500, though.....
aggieraptor99
Aggie Superstar

Co. H-1 Raiders 1995-1999

Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 11:19:38 AM

ohio st has given a timeline of 2 weeks to do an investigation.  A decision will come shortly after that investigation is completed.  I don't see Urban Meyer surviving this. 

On a related note, I understand that some t.u. fans are worried that Tom Hermann will be sought by ohio st?  Depending on how this season treats t.u., there could be many fans that would support Hermann moving on?  Ohio St may go after someone like Frost (Nebraska).  I think the Ags made a great choice with Fisher. 

24 days to go....!

"I don't care how much talent a team has-if the boys don't think tough, practice tough, and live tough, how can they play tough on Saturday?"

"Boys, it's time to win some damn football games."

Paul "Bear" Bryant
3rd Gen Ag

Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 09:15:13 AM

My mind honestly hadn't advanced that far in the implications, but you're right.  Not only would this mean they might lose recruits, but it would kick off the coaching Musical Chairs game way early this year and yeah Herman might end up changing seats, then who knows where it will go from there.  Wow, great point!

Class of 1996 - I miss the days of R.C., when Bonfire burned on campus, LSU was a gimme at the beginning of the season, Tech was a nobody, UH was on our schedule, and t.u. students drank all game because they knew they were gonna lose.  I don't miss our basketball teams being under .500, though.....
DallasHorn
Aggie Superstar

Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 08:45:36 PM

I haven't heard that from anyone I'm in contact with. I could see an interesting scenerio playing out where they might come after him. They would end up with an interim for this season and were we to have a breakout year, they could become interested. I doubt we would stand by and let it go without a fight, I believe we could match them on money. It then becomes a question of where he wants to be. Having grown up in Austin and visited Columbus I have an opinion, but like trying to figure out a recruit, what motivates different men is hard to figure. Either way he would decide, I could see him getting a new contract.

DallasHorn

Darrell Royal
aggieraptor99
Aggie Superstar

Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 02:58:15 PM

There's more & more weird stuff coming out about Urban's asst coach.  There should be some sort of decision announced this week on the fate of everyone involved.  I think osu will still be a very good team this year, but won't make the playoffs.  They arguably won't make the big 10 championship either.  This could really benefit Michigan, who's coach really needs to beat osu if he wants to keep his job!

"I don't care how much talent a team has-if the boys don't think tough, practice tough, and live tough, how can they play tough on Saturday?"

Paul "Bear" Bryant
aggieraptor99
Aggie Superstar

Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 09:05:32 AM

3-game suspension for Urban Meyer.  If it were any other coach he'd be fired.  There may  be more that comes out and that could lead to Urban getting the boot, but I think that osu is actively looking for ways to keep him. 

Paul "Bear" Bryant
aggieraptor99
Aggie Superstar

Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 09:23:30 AM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24506235/tom-herman-texas-longhorns-head-coach-was-other-ohio-state-assistant-zach-smith-strip-club-trip

'horn,
I forgot that Herman was an asst coach at osu.  Do you think this tie to Zach Smith will even be mentioned much by the t.u. fanbase?  I think that there's more coming out and that Meyer is far from out of the woods on the Smith issue. 

For the record, I don't think this really affects Herman at all unless he knew something about Smith's issues.  Most are pointing at the Smith's incidents in 2015, during the time that Herman had already left the osu staff to be the HC at Houston. 

Paul "Bear" Bryant
DallasHorn
Aggie Superstar

Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 10:50:23 PM

As it sits right now, I don't think this will affect Herman (unless Mrs. Herman has a problem with him going to the strip club). It looks like it was a violation of the coaching manual at O St., with that being a new change to the manual for the '14 season. Since he is no longer there it's hard to see how this would be a problem unless there is a lot more to the story. With what has come out about Smith so far, it would almost seem like having a sane guy going with you to the strip club (wingman) would be a very good idea. No way to know if that was the case or how the whole situation came to be.
We have almost made it to the end of the month and not exceeded our bandwidth!!!

DallasHorn

Darrell Royal
3rd Gen Ag

Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 03:55:22 PM

We have almost made it to the end of the month and not exceeded our bandwidth!!!

Hmmm, that can't be right

Print  

Jump to: